KROSS ESKER 6.0
Mountain biking and road biking are the two most popular sports disciplines when it comes to cyclists. What would you say about the combination of these two segments? Impossible? And yet! Gravel or a gravel bike wins more and more hearts of various cyclists. Therefore, open yourself to what is new and let your heart be stolen. We guarantee that the Kross Esker 6.0 is a bike that will not only steal your heart. It’s a bike that will reveal a whole new world to you.
The KROSS Esker 6.0 in 2022 is a continuation of the thoughts that guided us when designing previous models of this already iconic gravel model. It is a new, more durable paint and a well-thought-out drive. We have also improved many small, invisible details that will improve your driving comfort on any type of surface. We are sure that the new version of this bike will be as much – if not more – fun than previous years.
Adapted to off-road needs
Until recently, there was no bicycle equipment tailored to the needs of gravel bikes. However, Shimano GRX changed the face of this segment of bicycles and allowed to break free from the yoke of road gear levers and rear derailleurs by force taken from MTB bikes. Now, as with gravel, you can enjoy the benefits of both worlds simultaneously. Kross Esker 6.0 is equipped with a complete Shimano GRX group operating in the 2×11 system. Hydraulic disc brakes are also a small work of art from the Land of the Rising Sun. However, unlike Sakura, the Japanese cherry, Kross Esker 6.0 does not bloom only in a few months and after a few moments its life does not fade away. When you get on it, you will want this moment to last forever.DT Swiss rims were the foundation on which we built our wheels. We have equipped them with 37 millimeters wide WTB Riddler tires , proven and liked by many gravel-loving cyclists .
Technologies that ensure fun away from civilization
The Kross Esker 6.0 frame is made of superlite aluminum. Due to the heat treatment, this alloy is characterized by high stiffness and resistance to overload, while being extremely light. In order to increase its efficiency, it is additionally triple butted in places that are least exposed to force, and reinforced in sensitive areas.. Due to thermal treatment, this alloy is characterized by high stiffness and resistance to overload. And most importantly, low weight. Additionally, in the least exposed places, the frame tubes are triple butted to reduce its weight. In addition, both the rear triangle and the carbon fork have rigid axles to help reduce the amount of service work involved in changing the wheels. When designing the frame, we decided to equip it with internal cable routing. Thanks to this, we have made the bike look neat and neat, which can be an excellent means of commuting to work for many people. This cable routing system also allowed us to reduce the risk of breaking the cable while driving off-road.
- Thanks to the heat treatment, this alloy is characterized by high stiffness and resistance to overload, while being extremely light. To increase its efficiency, it is additionally triple butted in places that are least exposed to force, and reinforced in sensitive areas.
- Variable tapered head tube design from 1 1/8 ”top to 1.5” bottom. Larger diameter at the bottom gives greater strength and stiffness, which translates into precision in steering.
- Internal cable routing extends the life of the cables and armor, protecting them from mud, sand and rain.
- The 142 × 12 mm standard hub is the stiffness of the wheel straight from downhill bikes, combined with easy assembly. This stiffening translates into more precise handling of the bike and its stability.
- Disc brakes guarantee great braking power and good modulation even in the most severe weather conditions, and their service life is much longer than that of traditional brakes.
- In order to protect our frames as much as possible, we have created a system of replaceable dropouts that can be easily and quickly replaced in case of damage. To reduce the possibility of damage to the frame to a minimum, the threads are placed on the hook or on a special nut.
Frame and fork
|FRAME MATERIAL||SUPERLITE ALUMINUM|
|REAR SHOCK ABSORBER TRAVEL||LACK|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||SHIMANO GRX RX810|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SHIMANO GRX RX810|
|SHIFTERS||SHIMANO GRX RX600|
|CRANK||SHIMANO GRX RX600|
|LACE||46T-30T / 172.5MM|
|CASSETTE / FREEWHEEL||SHIMANO 105 HG700|
|CASSETTE / FREEWHEEL RANGE||11-34T|
|NUMBER OF GEARS||22|
|SADDLE||SHIMANO BSA BB-RS500|
|HUB FRONT||SHIMANO RS470 12X100|
|HUB BACK||SHIMANO TIAGRA RS470 12X142|
|RIMS||DT SWISS R500|
|TIRES||WTB RIDDLER 700X37 COMP TAN|
|FRONT BRAKE||SHIMANO GRX RX400|
|REAR BRAKE||SHIMANO GRX RX400|
|BRAKE LEVERS||SHIMANO GRX RX600|
|BRAKE DISCS||SHIMANO RT30 (160)|
|STEERING WHEEL||ALUMINUM 420 MM 31.8|
|STEM||ALUMINUM 90MM / 31.8|
|SADDLE||WTB VOLT SPORT|
|CONTROLS||FSA NO.42 / ACB; 1-1 / 8 “-1.5”|
|GRIPS||FIZIK TERRA MICROTEX|